Thursday, April 3, 2008

Double chicken special

"Bang. Bagi satu double chicken special, tak nak bawang, tak nak cili & tomato sos. Mayonnaise saja. Bagi garing skit. " Those in the know, will know what I'm rambling on about, the ramly burger.

A ramly burger with works will cost more than a burger you get at the golden arches. But man, they taste great and you get to 'customise' it exactly to your liking. But of course, there are some stall which are better than others.

When I see a ramly burger stall by the road side, I will always remember what my primary school teacher, Cikgu Putih, said once while reprimanding some kids for not doing their home work. 'Kalau tak rajin belajar nak buat apa? Lain kali buka gerai burger bawah pokok main gitar?' (If you're not going to study hard, next time you'll end up strumming your guitar at a burger stall which you open under a tree.) It was a bit harsh, but words that I remember till this day, not that I suddenly become extra hardworking.

I've seen a guy open a burger stall right outside his house, running it together with his wife, while his kids watch TV at home. The stall's not his main source of income as he works around my office during the day. He seems well to do and I can't link it to what my ex-teacher said bout burger stall owners. To me, he's just a regular guy who makes use of his extra time to get some extra cash.

Recently, while on a burger hunt, I found another stall. Been there once. It was not bad. Went there the 2nd time. Made my order as usual. This guy's pretty good, even wears a chef's hat. :-) When I reached home to enjoy my meal, I noticed that the plastic bag which the burger came in had some writing on it. Then, I noticed that this guy had written down his name and phone number so that you can call him to order your burgers. Talk about good customer service. Also, when I was making my order, I saw that he had already set aside about a dozen burger buns. I asked him do I need to wait long cause it seems that he has a larger order to fulfill. He said it was meant for a customer collecting later. Not bad.


Anyway....back to my burger. :-) The 2 patties are slightly crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside, just the way I like it. Wrapped in an omelet and topped off with a slice of cheese,mayo and greens. As you slowly savour each and every bite, the cheese slowly melts in your mouth and the distinctive taste of the burger patty accompanied by the infamous maggi seasoning sauce is absolutely to die for. Coupled with the extra mayo, it can get messy.You want to eat slowly so that it will last longer, but you just can't stop yourself from taking the next bite. Damn. It's so good! Oh well, there's always tomorrow. ;-)


Doesn't look like much, but it's really good. We're talking about a road side stall, not some posh restaurant. The white gooey looking thing is actually the melted cheese. Just took some random shots as I was in a hurry to dig in. :-)


Note to self: Need to improve on camera skills

No comments: