Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why I want to strangle somebody - Part 1

HR. Human resource. The thought of them really makes me wanna puke. All they do is give you lousy excuses of why they are late in getting things done and asking you to sit tight as they twirl their pens and type some words on their keyboard and say that they've tried their best. Until I'm proven other wise, I don't really see what good that this so called department, that's full of directors, can do to improve or secure the well being of employees.

When the over pay you, it takes just a blink of an eye for them to deduct it from your next pay check. BUT....if they need to reimburse you, it takes ages and ages. There's so much procedure to follow, so much red tape, SO many people to blame for the mistake. Even when it was highlighted to them that there would be an issue if they proceeded as per their initial plan. Do they listen? NO!

Either I'm just unlucky or they're just out to get me. :-) They can even mix up my I/C number with my bank account number. Imagine that! Banking in my pay to a bank account with my I/C number! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise that the sequence of bank account number are WAY different from the I/C numbers.

Then when you change roles and your pay isn't reflected correctly, they say it's due to the system not being able to accommodate changes in between cycles...blah blah blah. And when it reaches the cut off date, AND it's not reflected correctly again, oppss...somebody missed it out!! And because the back end somehow is managed by somebody else in a different country, it will take 2 weeks to get it all sorted out. After 2 weeks, what happens??? NOTHING CHANGES!!!! What a bunch of incompetent bungling idiots!

And they even have the cheek to tell you to sit tight and wait as there's a lot of backlog to clear as I am not the only person effected by all this. SO?! Should I take comfort that I am not the only person that is being subjected to all this? Or should I be extremely worried that this multimillion dollar company cant get their books straight? For the record, I've been waiting since January to get this sorted but....sigh...

What happens to the money that's supposed to be deducted as part of my pay to go into EPF? What happens to the compounded interest as a result of that? Of course, I wont be a millionaire because of this, but it's still my entitlement, right? And don't get me started on lost opportunity cost. The management always wants the employee to feel secure/happy/part of the family/well take care of (you take your pick). But when such things happen time and time again, you begin to wonder, 'Do they really mean it?'.

No comments: