Monday, July 20, 2009

I WANT MOMMY!!!

I WANT MOMMY!!!! I still remember vividly how my youngest daughter wailed and cried as her mommy went into the departure lounge at the airport. As I walked with the girls to the car, I was worried I would be stopped by the police officers on suspicion of kidnapping. We made it all the way to the car, and all the while, Daphne was crying her eyes out. My arms were slightly sore from carrying my struggling and wailing daughter. That was about a year ago.

Few weeks back, we went to the airport again. This time, since she is older, she is more understanding. We didn't go down of the car though as I didn't want to run the risk of exposing the kids to any of the travels who might have H1N1 at the airport, talk about being paranoid. We waited in the car instead as mommy checked in her luggage. As we sat in the car waiting for the time for mommy to board, we had some very good carrot cake from Coffee Bean. Pretty scrumptious I must say.

Fast forward a week, and it was time to pickup mommy from the airport. In the morning, the kids were already reminding me to make sure to bring them along to the airport. As we was early and mommy wasnt due to arrive for more than an hour, I decided to bring the kids to Toys 'R Us. While driving, my eldest turns to me and says, 'Papa. You don't have to buy anymore toys for me. I already have many (toys). You buy one for yourself.'

I really don't know where kids learn to say these things.....reverse psychology springs to mind.

No comments: