Friday, July 24, 2009

Raising 10

I sprained my back yesterday while bending over and pulling some love grass out of my kid's pants. Yea i know. Doesn't sound as macho as spraining my back doing sport of lifting heavy furniture. So yes....I'm getting old.


Anyway, while resting at home, I was watching Jon & Kate plus 8 on TV. It's a reality show of life family of twins and another set of sextuplets. As the series on TV are pretty old, I decided to google them. Man ...was I disappointed. They're getting divorced.





The Gosselin children have been under the limelight ever since they were young and with their parents splitting up, it's gonna be very tough on the kids. Most kids wouldn't be able to google about the parents and find all the smut and gossip news about their estranged parents. The impressions that they have of their parents will definetely be influenced.


Before finding out about the divorce, I had been talking about the missus about the type of attention or publicity that the kids will get. How their lives would change and their exposed to the media. Not many kids get to see themselves on the television. And having a series shot about your whole like is a totally different ball game. I'm really concerned about the repercussions of the divorce on the kids.


Imagine bringing 8 active, noisy and crying kids to the mall. I need to pee, I'm hungry, Mommy, he touched me, I wanna go home. Now multiply that by 8! As a parent of two, I have really been very impressed by how they raised their 8 children of 2 age groups. And regardless of age, there will be arguments and fights among the kids.


It's just to see such turn of events. And the media's having a field day taking advantage and publicising the incident.

No comments: